Source：SIE Author：SIE PublishDate：2017-02-27
Here are the documents you shall prepare before submission of visa application:
1. Basic Documents
(2) Visa Application Form and Photo
(3) Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)
(4) Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship)
2. Supporting Documents
(1) Original and photocopy of the Admission Letter issued by a school or other entities in China.
(2) Original and photocopy of “Visa Application for Study in China” (Form JW201 or Form JW202).
We kindly remind you that:
Holders of X1 Visa shall, within 30 days from the date of their entry, apply to the exit/entry administrations of public security organs under local people’s governments at or above the county level in the proposed places of residence for foreigners’ residence permits.
3. Special Reminder
(1) The invitation letter may be in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout, but the consular officer may require the applicant to submit the original of the invitation letter.
(2) If necessary, the consular officer may require the applicant to provide other documents or supplementary materials, or require an interview with the applicant.
(3) The consular officer will decide on whether or not to issue the visa and on its validity, duration of stay and number of entries in light of specific conditions of the applicant.
(4) For further details, please visit the web-site of the relevant Chinese Embassy or Consulate General.